Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Soccer Fun -- boys score Goals!! Whoohooo!!










I have been watching the boys on the soccer field and wondering who is my soccer player. Jackson sure hustles and sometimes Austin seems a little uninterested. Well, what does that have to do with anything, because their last game they both really got into it and scored! It may have been many things, but I am chalking it up to my pep talk I had with them prior to the game. We sat in a circle and I told them how important it was to take the ball with their feet away from the other team and to forget everything I had ever told them about being nice and sharing. It was an awkward moment for me and obviously not for them because they completely understood. I also told them if it helped to make a grrrrr sound if they wanted. Jackson jumped at that and Austin rolled his eyes at me. The actual soccer game was awesome. All the players had a sense of pride and they all tried real hard. Next soccer experience is British Soccer Camp the first of June!

No comments: